Reservations are required for groups of 16 or more people whether or not you plan to use a covered picnic shelter.
The park has two large picnic shelters available for reservations. Each seats about 75 people and includes picnic tables, charcoal grills, and power outlets.
Reservation rates are based on the number of people in the party:
Number of Guests
25 people or less
26 – 50 people
51 – 75 people
76 – 100 people
101 – 150 people
151 – 200 people
Friends of The Park
For indoor parties, the conference room in the Welcome Center is also available for rent. Rates are $40 for a half day or $75 for a full day ($20 and $35 for Friends of the Park). The conference room comfortably holds between 12 and 25 people, depending on furniture setup.
Churches and nonprofit organizations located in Valle Crucis, as well as Watauga County schools and government offices, are welcome to use the picnic shelters and conference room free of charge. A reservation is required. Churches and nonprofit organizations located outside of Valle Crucis will receive the Friends of the Park rate. Parties of more than 200 people are not allowed in the park. Please contact us for more information or to make a reservation.
The cost for weddings in the park is based on the number of people attending as well as available a la carte services. Please contact us for more details.
Base Price (Includes use of wedding gazebo or other ceremony site and Herrick Pavilion)
• 75 guests or less: $300
• More than 75 guests: $600
• Includes access to the park for engagement or other photo shoot
• Incudes staff presence in the park to check on trash, bathrooms, etc. 2-3 times on the day of the event
• 25% of base price will be considered a deposit and will not be refunded if the wedding is canceled within 60 days of the event
A La Carte Services
• Use of Welcome Center conference room and one reserved restroom: $50
• Use of the stage: $25
• All-day (6 hour) maintenance staff presence in the park and use of golf cart: $100
• Use of sound system/engineer: $400